Douglas Public Health Network is seeking applications for Administrative Assistant.
Applications Accepted until 5:00 pm on June 3rd, 2022. Send resume and application to Teresa@douglaspublichealthnetwork.org to apply. A link for the application is at the bottom of this page.
Job Description-Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant (AA) position is responsible for all areas of the business to assist the Executive Director (ED). The AA should be friendly, but task-oriented with great attention to detail. The AA must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and always represent themselves in a professional manner when conducting business on behalf of Douglas Public Health Network (DPHN).
- Support ED in the day-to-day administrative operations
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external clients
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Write and distribute email, correspondence, memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Answer phone calls and route callers appropriately, and take and forward messages
- Develop and maintain a filing system, both paper and electronic
- Assist in updating and maintaining office policies and procedures
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and hotel/restaurant reservations
- Maintain contact lists
- Assist with processing all incoming and outgoing mail
- Greet and assist visitors to the office
- Order Supplies
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resources (HR)
- Assist with assembling and maintaining employee personnel files
- Assist ED with employee onboarding
The AA would learn all aspects of the bookkeeping role and be able to step in as needed for vacation and leave coverage. However, these would not be their day-to-day duties.
- Accounts Payable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THIS POSITION
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant, or Office Admin Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as phones, computers, printers, and fax
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Anticipate the needs of others
Education, Experience, and Training:
- At least 1 year on-the-job experience in a support role.
- General knowledge of HR and QuickBooks Online.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Some college and/or trade school preferred.
- Additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary will be a plus.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office products and computers in general.
- Marketing and business development experience a plus.
- ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 certifications are required within one year of hire.
Decision-making: Administrative Assistants have to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
Communications and Collaboration: An Administrative Assistant must be able to collaborate with other administrators and support personnel, management, and clients on a regular basis.
Organizational Skills: Organization and prioritization are the core elements of the Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities. You must know how to keep yourself and others organized, and how to determine which tasks are the most important in a given list.
Writing: Spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and writing are essential to an Administrative Assistant, who must be proficient in a variety of styles, from creative to professional to technical to education and more.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS OF THIS POSITION
Work is performed under the guidance of the Executive Director of DPHN. The employee works independently in administering a complex area of responsibility and confers with supervisor for professional advice. Discretion is required in applying general goal and policy statements, in development of recommendations, policies and procedures, and in resolving program problems. Work is accomplished within a broad framework. Periodic reviews of work performance are conducted in terms of expected results.
Work is performed within departmental policies and procedures, federal, state and county statutes, rules, regulations, and ordinances; established professional practices, management and fiscal reference manuals, state contracts, personnel rules, contracts, leases, agreements, and requests for proposals, and with respect for advisory council recommendations. Employee uses discretion in applying general goal and policy statements, in development of recommendations, policies and procedures, and in resolving program problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regular and consistent attendance is required. Weekends and evening work may be required. Duties generally performed in an office environment, hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, bending, lifting to 34 pounds, sitting, standing, and walking. Must have an available vehicle, an acceptable driving record, and be properly licensed and insured to operate a vehicle in the State of Oregon.
Thorough background check is required including criminal history and federal exclusion list checks. Medicaid and Medicare Exclusion Lists are searched twice/year. Employee loses eligibility for employment if on the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and/or System of Award Management (SAM).
The nature of this position requires an ability to maintain confidential information and demonstration of ethical, professional conduct at all times. A working knowledge of the community (people and resources) of Douglas County is desirable.
This position is required to participate in emergency preparedness training and exercises and report for duty in a disaster. Requires normal physical mobility with extended driving, standing, walking, and stooping as major activities while in the field. Employee must be aware of various work environments and safety issues. Employee is expected to respond to emergency situations and may be exposed to hazardous conditions.
Applications are due by June 3rd. Please email your application and your resume to Teresa@douglaspublichealthnetwork.org.
The application is here DPHN Job Application.