May 24th, 2021
DPHN expands vaccine outreach with the new Tiger Team.
The mobile, pop up vaccine clinics are free and do not require registration. If you’d like to come get your vaccine, show up at the location and times listed below. It’s free, it’s easy, it’s your time!
Upcoming Tiger Team Pop Up Clinics for next week are posted on the Tiger Teams Schedules page on this site.
We will be providing the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines at our Tiger Team events and anyone 18 or over is eligible for the vaccine at our Tiger Team events.
If you would like to schedule a Tiger Team pop up clinic or are planning to drop by one of our clinics and have questions that day, please call the Tiger Team dedicated phone number at 541-670-3110. You do not need an appointment but feel free to call if you have questions or want to schedule a pop up clinic.
The list of vaccinators below is current as of 6/2/2021.
May 13th, 2021
FLASH!! The Pfizer Covid 19 vaccine has been approved for people ages 12 to 15, joining those 16 and above who are already eligible.
Our Local Vaccination Plan
We have worked with many partners in the community and have signed up over 40 vaccine providers in the county, including doctor’s offices, clinics, pharmacies, Emergency medical providers and even dentist’s office. They cover all of the county, from Glendale in the south to Drain in the North and Reedsport to the west, with many in between. A survey of those over 80 show 90% of them have doctors who provide Covid vaccine and are willing to vaccinate their patients. The list of those who currently receive vaccine is below.
Our plan is simple, people should get COVID vaccine where they get their regular health care or flu vaccine.
For those folks who have a regular provider on the list of vaccinators, please call them to set up an appointment for a vaccine.
For those few who do not have a regular doctor or whose doctor does not provide vaccine, they can get vaccine at one of our cooperating pharmacies or at other clinics who have agreed to provide vaccine. Please call your pharmacy to set up an appointment for a vaccine.
Here are some of the questions we have received so far;
- If I get the first dose, what about the second dose? As with everything about vaccines, things change all the time. At the current time, we expect that those who get vaccinated can expect a second dose about 3 weeks after the first.
- Will there be a charge for the vaccine? The federal government has purchased all of the Covid vaccine. Our vaccinators will receive the vaccine at no cost to them. They will charge an administration fee to cover the cost of storage recordkeeping and labor. They will bill your insurance, but you should not receive a bill or charge for the service.
- I got a first vaccine elsewhere, can I get my second vaccine in Douglas County? The second doses are “paired” to the first dose and your second dose will be sent to wherever you got your first dose. So, except in rare circumstances, you need to return to where you got your first dose.
- I am a patient at the VA? Where do I get vaccine? The VA gets a supply of vaccines apart from what is provided by the state. They are vaccinating seniors at the VA. Please call your provider at the VA to set up an appointment.
- Can I get a Covid vaccine and another vaccine at the same time? The current recommendation is that there be 14 days between a Covid vaccine and any other vaccine.
Current Vaccinators Assisting with Vaccines
Anyone over 16 years old is eligible for the vaccine now.
ANGELA JONES, MD UMPQUA VALLEY INTERNISTS
AVIVA HEALTH – GLIDE
AVIVA HEALTH – MYRTLE CREEK
AVIVA HEALTH – NORTH COUNTY
AVIVA HEALTH – ROSEBURG
AVIVA HEALTH – ROSEBURG SBHC
AVIVA HEALTH – SUTHERLIN
BI-MART PHARMACY 609
BI-MART PHARMACY 652
BI-MART PHARMACY 676
CANYONVILLE HEALTH & URGENT CARE
DOUGLAS COUNTY FIRE DIST 2
DUNES FAMILY HEALTH CARE
EVERGREEN FAMILY MEDICINE
EVERGREEN FAMILY MEDICINE HARVARD CAMPUS
EVERGREEN FAMILY MEDICINE SOUTH
EXCELLENCE IN WOMENS HEALTHCARE
FAMILY TREE MEDICAL CLINIC
FRED MEYER PHARMACY 281
GENOA HEALTHCARE PHARMACY – ROSEBURG
GERALD A JAWORSKI, MD, PC
GLENDALE AMBULANCE DISTRICT
LOWER UMPQUA HOSPITAL
MERCY MEDICAL CENTER – ROSEBURG
NORTH RIVER PEDIATRICS PC
NOVA HEALTH – GOETZ
NOVA HEALTH – ROSEBURG
ONE PEAK MEDICAL CLINIC – ROSEBURG
RITE AID GARDEN VALLEY
ROSEBURG MERCY DIALYSIS
SOUTHRIVER COMMUNITY HLTH CTR
Two Rivers Integrative Medicine LLC
UMPQUA HEALTH – NEWTON CREEK
UMPQUA VALLEY AMBULANCE
VALLEY RIDGE FAMILY MEDICINE
WALGREENS PHARMACY 12068
WALGREENS PHARMACY 13819
WALMART PHARMACY 2477
White Oak Medical
For more information/details on how to get a vaccine from our vaccinators, please click on the Vaccinators Additional Information below.
** The list above is not a guarantee they will have vaccine, it represents organizations that have signed up to help vaccinate. This list is accurate as of 5/13/21.
Are there additional places to get the vaccine locally?
If you are a member of the Cow Creek Band of the Umpqua Tribe of Indians, please contact them for information on their COVID-19 testing and vaccination programs at (541) 672-9405 or log onto: https://www.cowcreek-nsn.gov/public-health/.
If you are a U.S. Military Veteran, you might be eligible to get vaccinated at the Roseburg VA. The Roseburg VA Health Care System is setting up appointments for veteran patients to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. For more information, call (541) 440-1000 or log onto: https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/.