Welcome to the Douglas Public Health Network (DPHN) website! We hope that you use this website as a resource on how to access our public services and for recent news concerning Public Health in Douglas County, Oregon.
DPHN is a not for profit organization serving all of Douglas County. Our headquarters are located in Roseburg, the county seat. DPHN provides communicable disease and emergency preparedness services as well as specialized programs focused on specific areas such as opioid addiction, oral health, and public health modernization. DPHN has partnered with other for profit and non-profit organizations including Lower Umpqua Hospital, UCAN: Umpqua Community Action Network, Umpqua Community Health Center, ADAPT, and ATRIO health plans to provide additional public health services to the community.
Our Mission: The mission of Douglas Public Health Network is to engage the public, community organizations, and all levels of government to improve health and emergency preparedness of the people of Douglas county.
Our Vision: We envision a healthy and prepared Douglas County as shown by
- Healthy behaviors such as regular exercise and healthy eating a rates above those of similar counties
- Unhealthy behaviors such as smoking and binge drinking at rates below those of similar counties
- All children adequately nourished
- Immunization rates among the best in Oregon
- Exemplary preparedness and response to man-made and natural disasters
- Meeting the goals of both the community and state health improvement plans
- Addressing all public health issues identified by the public
Our Values: At Douglas Public Health Network we value collaboration, engagement with partners, entrepreneurship, availability, responsiveness, and ingenuity.
It is the policy and practice of Douglas Public Health Network to provide an environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation based on race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, use of protected leave, military status, marital or family status, pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, age, or other class protected by law.